#navbar-iframe { Show/Hide Navigation height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; } Iranian Teacher XP: School Starts Again! { margin-top:0px; position: relative; top: -50px; }

Saturday, September 10, 2005

School Starts Again!

Oh God, School starts again:
When I was a student I counted the moments impatiently so that I don’t see the school anymore and enjoy every moment of the summer and I always asked God “Am I going to get rid of my teachers somedayJ” Now I have turned out to be a teacher and I have to go to school every day. I have to breathe and suck every moment of the summer because it will be over less than 2 weeks and I have to work 60 or more hours a week and I would be flat on my ass to write “B.S.” in this blog.When those days come (for me its another Katrina mentally) I would have to kiss my ass goodbye if you excuse my French.I am not bitching or am I already?
I don’t know who knows? Maybe I can change someone’s attitude toward life and that’s the reward. I really don’t think I can update this blog unless I know I can get enough support from my readers. We always need each other support no matter who we are and where we are from. I don’t mean I write for others to show off and feed my ego as one of my friend
Farzad puts it but not only share the stories of my teaching experiences (XP) but also to say” I write therefore, I am.” And ofcourse a little of showing off too.After all ,I am an Iranian:)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Frank - Don't B silly man, keep writing. Plus, where are your links dude? Update your link section. In regard to the school, ha ha ha, I always felt the same way. It's very sad to say, but those days in Iran, I always hated school. Now, I miss it! Cheers Buddy :) [I like your new blog]

5:47 PM  
Blogger nyx said...

it's a luxury, i know, to have teachers that really love what they do. Most of them seems to do it just for the money and the long summer vaccations... but hey, they're just humans too.
Take the "cat's" advice, keep writing.

3:59 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

Farzad:
I did it man .Took me 3 hours.cheers:)
nyx:
Hi,

Thanks for your comments but there are a few things which need to be cleared:

First, Though it may seem to you as as a "luxury" to have teachers who really love what they do but not only we are humans but also we happen to have the education of the next generations in our hands and like every other job, we make our living through our jobs.

I agree that most teachers do their job for the money but we arent prophets ,you know!who does his/her job(fi sabile lah)free of charge.Do you do your job freely? if so good for you.

All the teachers I know like to work every single day of the year but to earn as much money as other employees of other organizations;and remember we TEACH and its both mentally and physically a hard job and it drains your soul little by little(35 kids in a classroom),so to be free in the summer isnt a reward we get but a must in order to recharge our batteries. I don’t know whether you are informed about the injustice in Iran or not when it comes to salary but, there is this unfairness of salary among the employees of ministry of education.Thats all!

I hate it when others feel pity for teachers. I hope you don’t take it personally, as I don’t mean to offend you but, I didn’t have a good feeling after reading your email.

5:14 AM  
Blogger nyx said...

Sorry Frank, if I have offended you. I honestly didn't mean to. Actually I'm not sure if you missunderstood me, or not...
I agree, being a teacher (or a parent) is the hardest job on earth because of the responsibility. And belive me, it's not just in Iran that teachers are paid poorly.
I too went to school, and I've met both the ones who were ment to be teachers, and the ones that should have been something else.
I too think it's a shame to pity people. One should try to understand them, not feel sorry for them. Because that's NOT how you can change things.
Love
/nyx

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your weblog by chance in jerusalempost.com .and since that day I have read your weblog and enjoyed very much.
I really think it is a good weblog and also you are one of the best blogers in Iran since you openly express your feelings about our real politics, economics, our cultural and social problems.whenever I read your expriences of teaching in the classroom or your sweet and funny statements about our governers I get impressed.your point of view of all those matters and your transparent words are great. I would like to thank you and say " damet garm" for all your effort to establish this site.... my words come right from your mouth ....

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home