#navbar-iframe { Show/Hide Navigation height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; } Iranian Teacher XP: Who are nosier: Men or Women? { margin-top:0px; position: relative; top: -50px; }

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Who are nosier: Men or Women?

Location (Inside the classroom with six 20_30 year old students)They are listening to a tape which is a part of the conversation between two Americans:
A man with long hippy like hair: Excuse me madam, where can I find a drugstore around here?
The woman: the drugstore is right across the park. By the way, there is a barbershop next to the drug store too!
The man: A barbershop? (The conversation is finished)
I turned to the students and say” see, interfering into peoples personal affairs isn’t nationality based rather it depends on peoples manner and their personality. One of the students turns to me and say” but I think women are nosier than men generally. I laugh and say” why do you say that?” “Can you prove it?” Yes of course he says:
The other day two of my cousins(dokhtar ammeh) and I were walking together to our house when I noticed two of our female neighbors are looking at us and whispering and saying things as if we have eaten the forbidden fruit.
The teacher: Do you all agree that women are nosier that men? 3 out of these singles say a big yes and one of the married is neutral, and the other two say no. when I ask them as why is it so? They say because women have much more free time than men and don’t have anything else to do.
The teacher turns to the students and says” Did you dare to let out these words if you were studying in a coeducational institute? And they gave me a big no. Wachamacallit? (Zan Zalil) or hen pecked says the word.

Disclaimers:D
The ladies who happen to read this shouldn’t take this personally as I myself am Zan Zalil(hen pecked ) but, I am not Zalil e zan(too dependent on the same wife if you get what I mean)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Frank, your new blog is coming a long my friend. I read your post and it seems like U had a good discussion in your classroom. One thing though, I didn't get the last part of your disclaimer part very well. The part in the parenthesis. Have a good week dude :)

11:03 PM  
Blogger Cyrus said...

Not necessarily. I've seen many men quite noisy. Maybe the idea of having/not having works to do is right...

1:09 AM  
Blogger nyx said...

This is an interesting question Frank. I don't think that nosieness has anything to do with wether you are a woman or a man. But I began to think about the line between "being nosy" and just "showing interest"... what is ok to ask about?

10:41 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

Farzad:
I meant I love my wife but I am not a "Yes man".clear dude? cheers:)
nyx:
I agee with you but,those were my students comments not mine and to be "nosy" depends who you are talking with:)
Cyrus:
You are right.:)

4:09 PM  
Blogger Tarkhoon said...

aghaye moalem,
I do agree with nyx.I've seen some men who r so noisy although the yhave lots of work to do.
and I'm happy to hear u love ur wife:)

1:06 PM  
Blogger Alireza said...

I think first we need a definition for being noisy! second of all, I am as a man nosier than many women!
...your link is updated in my link list.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home