#navbar-iframe { Show/Hide Navigation height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; } Iranian Teacher XP: Sometimes These Women... { margin-top:0px; position: relative; top: -50px; }

Monday, September 19, 2005

Sometimes These Women...

Sometimes these girls are very strange, I mean they ask you questions that in normal situations you wouldn’t have any idea what to say, let alone in a classroom with other girls. The topic of today’s discussion was “Why do people tell lies?” I started the discussion with this “when did you last tell a lie and why?” I myself really hate being preached especially when it comes direct.
A:(a university student) Last time that I told a lie was, when I needed a lot of money and I knew if I told the truth, my dad hadn’t given me the money.
B :( A graduate university student) If my boyfriend makes a mess with dinner, I prefer to stretch the truth and tell him a white lie like “hey, you did a really good job.”
The teacher: If I were your boyfriend I’d take your words as an insult. I would think you want to make a donkey out of me (Bala nesbat mikhi mono khar koni)because I know I have done a terrible job.
C:(A teenager) When a guy woos a girl (Khastegari kardan) the guy tells lies to feed his ego (inferiority complex) .One of my relatives told white lies like I have this big house, this amount of money to his would be wife so they agree to his proposal and they got married and after the marriage she found out that every thing was rental but the guy did his best and bought all the rental things .
D: (A married woman turns to her teacher and says :) By the way, did you enjoy the wedding party you told us about?
The teacher: No I didn’t.
D: why? Didn’t you dance with your wife?
The teacher: No, I didn’t. Because the party wasn’t mixed (women and men were in different floors)
D: Why didn’t you dance in the men’s floor?
The teacher: For Gods sake, because nobody invited me to and after all, I was a complete stranger there and it was one of my wife’s friends wedding party.
D: That’s a pity that the party wasn’t mixed( Che heif ke ghati nobodand)
Here, every one LOL and the class is over.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Frank, it seems like U had a good time in your class... It's a good idea to get your students involved in conversation.

12:15 AM  
Blogger Cyrus said...

And after all, why do people lie?

2:26 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

Farzad:
Thanks ,I did.
Cyrus:(like the conversation in the class)
A:For getting the things they need
B:To make some one feel good
C:To cover the truth
You can continue the list with Psychological reasons

3:44 AM  
Blogger Alireza said...

yes, make them more to talk. take them to the taboo topics, that is what I was doing when teaching in Gheshm language institute! and many other methods I used to get more talking! actually the class I was teaching were amazing in regard their pool of their vocab.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home