#navbar-iframe { Show/Hide Navigation height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; } Iranian Teacher XP: Custom { margin-top:0px; position: relative; top: -50px; }

Friday, May 19, 2006

Custom


The first time I saw that photo for some reasons I couldn’t believe my eyes:
Firstly, you ain’t in LA.
Secondly, you are in an Islamic Republic!
If someone showed me that photo 10 years ago, I would have thought that the photo didn’t belong to my beloved country but today while sitting on a bench in a park bird watching people I noticed a teenage gal with her boyfriend? Fiancé?
Arm in arm, head over shoulder, necking and making it out, doing all kinds of gymnastic moves on each other.(hey I am getting a bit Iranian to see things in an exaggerated manner)I almost forgot the sweetest part and that was when the guy kissed the girl on her lips in front of other people; there you are!
Now I can believe my eyes more easily. I wish I could take a photo of that scene!

When you look at it you see that the customs change whether you like it or not. For some that can become an act of sacrilege; for some it’s no big deal; while for others it’s called the” violation of social norms.”

One thing is for sure:
The stricter the dress code and obstacles on social behaviors of today’s youth, the more catholic than Pope they turn into!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr O2 said...

yeah we are changing with an unbelievable pace! While things are obvious outside, the pace inside & in closed places are way faster!

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

violation of social norms!!! wow....do u really think that? isnt that the most beautiful thing to do(I mean the moment u kiss ur girl)??? dont u think Islam emphasizes on this issue the most. dont u think the origin of many marital problems in Iran is nothing but false Islamic beliefs?? I am wondering if these people who condemn these acts are able to support it a single verse in Holy Quran.......

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home