#navbar-iframe { Show/Hide Navigation height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; } Iranian Teacher XP: Teachers Day { margin-top:0px; position: relative; top: -50px; }

Friday, May 05, 2006

Teachers Day

Another teacher’s day. As one of my colleges says” another ridiculous day”  Writing needs mood and you aren’t in the “right” mood when you TEACH 12 hours a day where the maximum amount of teaching is considered to be 6 hours per day according to UNESCO.
I am not here to nag, I mean this weblog would have been a “non stop nagging blog” if I was going to complain about the problems. I write this to feel better? I don’t know.

Dear Mr.President:

Instead of talking about the nuclear shit, listen! Just listen!

Teachers’ have other rights which are ignored for years. The nukes are our “undisputable “right when other RIGHTS are bestowed, right?
Teachers aren’t “extra burden” over the government’s shoulder as one of those higher ups has put it.

I hate it to be a tutor in my student’s homes. I definitely know that ask for a tutor so that their final exam grades are guaranteed. Yeah I agree to be a tutor because I am supposed to live here and I would do dish washing if I can’t make my ends meet.

“A decent life, an appropriate social status is my right.” THAT’S my motto.

It’s a pain in my ass to see some uneducated guys bragging about how much they earn and how their organization is granting them this and that. It makes me feel sick.

What answer would you give to your students when they say” we study? So what? Lots of other PHDS, MA degrees are unemployed.”

Second Day:

On teacher’s day the principal gave some nonsense bullshit talks on how teacher’s job is the job of holy prophets and how we are carrying the responsibilities of humans on our shoulders. Nice joke! Ha? Never bother to sympathize with me; I just don’t need it frankly speaking. Then our admin started by saying” We don’t want anything from our government, God would suffice us and HE would listen to us.”

“I do hope God isn’t listening to some music while you are talking to Him.”

I saw some eyebrows rising as I stated this agonistic belief of mine.


Teacher’s Day:

You won’t believe what I am going to say now. I was in the teacher’s lounge when I heard some loud music and a singer singing pop music. I got up to go what is going on. I approached the yard:

About a couple of students were dancing to the tune while the rest (about 400) others were clapping their hands to the tune. Some of these kids were break dancing. I just love this kind of Islamic republic! The adims and the whole staff were just monitoring the students so that no one gets hurt or something in the yard. I would have posted some photos if I wasn’t afraid of my privacy.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kimia said...

I thought a month ago to remember the teachers'day and congratulate you but I lost the calender. I guess it was good that I forgot; I would have made you angry with this congratulation ;)
Anyways, if you are a smart teacher who can see his rights and the bad situation around him that doesn't mean your principle's talk is useless bullshit. I have a teacher aunt and she is just mesmorized and intoxicated by these bullshits and she really believes she needs nothing while she would be equal to holy prophets in heaven. Sometimes I like these Islamic tricks.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Spooky Witch said...

Oh are schools like that these days?I remember few years ago we were so restricted by some stupid codes.I am happy for these young kids that they can enjoy their time at school...

1:50 AM  
Blogger jarvenpa said...

I love it that your students were playing music and break dancing!
But I am sad that you as a teacher are not getting the respect you deserve (much less the salary!). You know, it is unfortunately much the same in the United States--teachers have low salaries, compared, say, to people who build roads or drive trucks, and are expected to work fairly long hours--at least in my region; things may be different in the cities. I live in a very rural and impoverished area.
And yet--teachers are the ones we say are helping prepare our children to do well in the future, and lead us, and so on.
It is sad.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Dr O2 said...

C'mon Frank. Nth is right in this land. We have survived to C this day, we shall C what tomorrow will bring!

7:43 AM  
Blogger bmcworldcitizen said...

Enjoyed your post. Question: On a scale on 1 to 10, how much democracy does Iran actually have.

With 1 representing a dictatorship and 10 representing a common or Garden EU liberal democracy, Germany for example. I'm just trying to get my head around the problem.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Dr O2 said...

such long absence mate?? Where are ya Frank???

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home