#navbar-iframe { Show/Hide Navigation height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; } Iranian Teacher XP: Dead Poet Society { margin-top:0px; position: relative; top: -50px; }

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Dead Poet Society

I recommend this movie to all who want to think freely and specially teachers.
What was impressing for me besides the story and Robin Williams’ acting was, how I can touch someone’s heart through THE words. I have a student who studies chemistry and by nature is a very talented student but I remember that at the beginning of the term he wasn’t doing a good job and was really carefree about his assignment; to be frank, I hated the assignments, the school and almost all my teachers and I wished they all went to hell and be entertained with burning fire and boiling water J(too harsh I think) Any way, I don’t know but I think the age of miracle isn’t past. for a couple of times, I said”Ali, I expect you to be better than this, I am sure you can do a much better job than this and bla bla bla….” And I encouraged him to participate more in class activities; it didn’t take a long time that he showed every one in the class how clever he could be.
2 Days Later:
The students are put in a group of 4 to discuss about 3 important things which must be done in a society to live a better life and this student of mine acts like the leader of the group and manages the group wonderfully. I was really impressed as to see how much these students have progressed; they have been my students for about 2 months. This inward satisfaction in me sends me energy to be a better teacher.
Motivation+ winning someone’s heart+ a kick in the pants=SUCCESS

4 Comments:

Blogger Cyrus said...

Kick in the pants is kind of motivation. Isn't it?

2:06 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

Cyrus:
I found this definition in an Oxford Pocket English Dictionary:
Kick in the pants = strong criticism that shocks one into POSITIVE action.

4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That movie is one of my favorites. But in Iran, I don't know what it works anymore. However, I remember the "kicks". Ouch!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Alireza said...

the film one of my favorite, but one advice, do not trust oxford they are British!:)

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home