#navbar-iframe { Show/Hide Navigation height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; } Iranian Teacher XP: Ramadan { margin-top:0px; position: relative; top: -50px; }

Monday, October 09, 2006

Ramadan

Oh, Ramadan! There is one thing I hate about Ramadan,
Try to imagine what I am telling you now:You get up at 5 in the morning (You went to sleep at about 12 last night) and get ready to have Sahari (call it a meal of a day), rice, chicken, yogurt, vegetables,...
After Sahari you start praying and go to sleep before you get ready to go to work. Of course you could stay awake until you are ready to go to work but that lack of sleep is a bit of pressure on you. In my case (the worst part), I have this upchuck feeling in my stomach during the day with a feeling of hungriness. In case I miss to have one Ranitidine tablet to reduce gastric acid, I would go under a lot of jitters during the day.
Look! I teach and have to stand still from morning until evening and I feel some sort of dizziness in the evening before Iftar.I am sure if our prophet Muhammad were alive, He sure would give a different kind of Fatwa on fasting. I have to teach so I need to have my voice, you get thirsty and can't drink any water. When you back home from work you are a dead body to the T.In my case, I SHOULD go like this for 30 days! SHOULD because I don't follow the rules of Islam the way it is. I simply CAN'T! Last Ramadan I went Fasting for as about as 5 days.Period!Islam has this as well:” It isn't necessary to Fast for those elderly, sick, pregnant, too.”

What I loved about Ramadan and am trying to regain it once more is,
Not having anything for about 12 hours you get a kind of spiritual feeling before Azan which is unique in its own kind. I really don't know whether this is caused because of being hungriness or it's because of Faith!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimia said...

I believe it's because of the faith. the faith that made you do something hard and at the moment before azan you just feel satisfied and proud of yourself and it sure feels great. i missed those moments alot. I don't know why I never thought of having fast here.

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hear you! i have the same feeling too, regarding the choice between sleeping after the morning meal (we call it sahur in s'pore) or staying awake. nearing iftar i am about ready to collapse. but i try my best. when a full day of fasting is complete, the feeling of satisfaction is almost worth the hardship! =-)
heheh. came across your blog. it is interesting.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home