#navbar-iframe { Show/Hide Navigation height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; } Iranian Teacher XP: Well Done { margin-top:0px; position: relative; top: -50px; }

Friday, December 15, 2006

Well Done

I have always wanted to be a movie director and if there were a theme I wanted to make a movie based on it that would be redemption like what I have read about "Bad Lieutenant" but unfortunately, I haven't found the movie to watch.

While I was watching "Transit Cafe" By Kambouzia Partovi I thought to my self if there were a famed director who could show the average city life of an Iranian with no exaggeration. The movies screened in other countries are those which are either too dark or too light.(Ya Az Invare Boom Ya Az Ounvar)
What does an average foreigner think when he/she sees "Transit Cafe?" Do all Iranian women wear Chadors? Do all people believe in those superstitions screened in the movie? The woman in the movie is prohibited of having her own Cafe but here I see (though a few) women who are both taxi drivers and bus drivers! Why not making a movie based on their lives?
One of the main reasons I have opened this weblog is to open another window to the eyes of the world about my country and myself.
When an athlete does a wonderful job like what our wrestlers did in Doha 2006 Olympic Games, I thought how their winning the match could change the view points of other viewers about Iran and Iranians.
When a movie becomes one of the nominees in a foreign festival, Once again I think of the changes it could make in the eyes of a an American, European, etc...

With this weblog that has an average 30_40 viewer a day, I can't go too far but, if I could change a thing very little, I think someone should pat on my back and says" Well done boy!"

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teacher I read your blog everyday and I'd say that I'm addicted to it, your point of view over our problems is interesting. I like intellectual people like you who care about social issues.since the very begining I started to read your blog, I have really enjoyed. It seems you are from medium level in our society and have a good understanding about our troubles, sufferings and malcultures. In one word you are fantastic.
Love,
Your student

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're dead on correct. That's the image many outsiders may get. I do appreciate your efforts, well done, mate!

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I am a university student living in Canada. We are pretty dumb on the subject of Iran and rules that they have there. I was wondering if you can post some information on the situation with boys coming out of Iran. I have a friend who is in his first year in university in Iran. He wants to come to Canada, to study and perhaps live here too. How does he do this?

10:36 PM  
Blogger clalexander said...

Good to know. Do you have any other Iranian film suggestions? I haven't watched on in a while, and am not too familiar with the domestic industry (I'm American). Thanks and keep up the good work. I think Iranian bridgeblogs are some of the most interesting reading content on the internet.

6:24 PM  
Blogger jarvenpa said...

It has been a while since I stopped by, but I always appreciate the chance to get a glimpse of your life and your country. You are right, here in the US we have very incomplete ideas about Iran. It is kind of like when outside of the US everyone thought we are all cowboys with six shooters. (well, sometimes it seems our president is like that, but..oh well). Please do keep posting; it does do good that we all as individuals can meet each other and learn a little more.

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home