#navbar-iframe { Show/Hide Navigation height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; } Iranian Teacher XP: Misunderstanding { margin-top:0px; position: relative; top: -50px; }

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Misunderstanding

Misunderstanding is in our blood, isn’t it?
To get your meaning across whether spoken or written is a hard mind boggling task that can’t be fulfilled unless you talk as clearly as possible if it is oral and you have to be more careful if your message is in written forms. As a “blogger” I don’t know much about
Breeze background and of course other bloggers who have been very kind to me and that’s problem number one. If Farzad gives a comment about fear on TopSpot9,nyx interprets it something else and Farzad has to make things clear by writing a post in her weblog.
Where I was going to say “happy birthday to you Cyrus” through Farazad’s weblog to make Cyrus surprised, Cyrus misunderstood things and I think got upset with me .
Where
Shirin thinks of me as a “racist” and despises me in her weblog, I don’t blame her too much as I know if she knew me more, she would definitely change her opinionated ideas and talked and wrote more cautiously and didn’t pass judgment so quickly; though as she says it rightfully, one can’t change people’s mindset about things easily.
World would be a better place to live if we were a bit kinder to each other but, that’s an If and a BIG if.
Happy Birthday To You Cyrus


7 Comments:

Blogger Cyrus said...

Firstly, thanks for the comment in Farzad's blog and greeting. Also thanks for the post.
Secondly, misunderstanding could be everywhere on this planet. If you get a chance to experience Japanese life, then you'll see a world of misunderstandings here...

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frank, we love U man. This is what blogging is all about. The other day I wrote a comment for Alireza and end up calling him Behrooz! Another day I wrote my comment for Portia and forgot to type my name! These things happen and it's no big deal my man. If I were U, I would be laughing about it and write another comment explaining the laughter. Keep writing as much a s U can... Cheers :)

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh thanks dude. Hopefully I'll feel better soon. actually the best time for me to write is when Im sick. u know, Im in my bed, chillin and my laptop is on my lap. And I just write cuz dont feel like doin anything else. otherwise, there are so many things that need to be taken care of that there is no room left for writting.

3:58 PM  
Blogger anahita said...

yes Frank tell me about misunderstanding
I've been living for 10 years,each day of my life, with someone whose mother tongue is different of mine and whom I speak to in a language which is neither my mother tongue,none his.
We are kind to eachother and we can't prevent misunderstandings to happen almpst everyday...
I really like your blog and the stories that happen in your classroom....
And I really hope there's no misunderstanding with my comment as my english is rather poor.
take care

4:27 PM  
Blogger Shirin said...

O honey I don’t despise you. I just don’t agree with some of your views, that’s all. My main problem with you is that for some reason your writing sometimes gets on my nerves as I’m sure my writing gets on yours and a lot of other people's nerves too. I think the reason might be that our way of thinking and sense of humour and everything else is so totally different that we just don’t get each other a lot of the time. Well I left Iran when I was eighteen and I have been living in England for eleven years now and on top of that I’m sure our upbringings were really quite different as well in a lot of ways so it’s not really that strange for us to have such different outlooks on everything.
Anyway please don’t think I hate you because I definitely don’t. And I never wanted to start an argument with you over that racism thing, if I remember correctly first I very politely said to you that I wasn’t going to link you to my blog because I didn’t agree with some of your views and just left it at that but then you decided to give me huge lecture on you know what on my blog, on a post which had nothing to do with what you had said and so forced me to reply to you.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U are right. . .
let's start over :)

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful day :)
Hey Frank... Wass up buddy?
Give a little visit to Nazzy Jaan. She's very close to become a PHD. We need U there... It's going to be a big party :)

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home