#navbar-iframe { Show/Hide Navigation height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; } Iranian Teacher XP: The Reward Of Teaching { margin-top:0px; position: relative; top: -50px; }

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The Reward Of Teaching

It was one of those windy days in fall when the school bell rang and while the students were shuffling through the door, I was on my way home.some of my students were sticking to me like glue and I was thinking on how personal Iranian students are when compared with non-Iranian American or European students.That’s one of those things I love in them.They were saying jokes and things to entertain me and of course themselves;The point was that among them was a student of mine who had been punished severly an hour earlier.Hey don’t get me wrong It was one of those “talking to” that harms nobody and It was a must.Isn’t it a bit weird to see that he wasn’t offended at all or may be he was but I am sure he could undrestand that It was for his own good. I was on the other side of the street to take a taxi _here in big cities every one can be a taxi driver if one has a car but of course there are people who have their driver licences as a taxi driver_ it isn’t the same in other countries or Is it? Any way, one of those kids raised his thumb to get a taxi for me.When one stopped finally I got in.”Mr.taxi driver pay special attention to the guy on the backseat, he is our teacher.”Said that student of mine.While the taxi was disappearing I could hear a bunch of them yelling “Franky(not my real name), we love you and leave you. “ (Franky doset darim)The taxi driver got wind of me being a teacher and said:” that’s really nice that others appreciate your job, nobody appreciates a taxi driver’s job ;it’s The hardest job one earth.” I was smiling as he was talking because everyone sees the hardships and the dark sides of his/her life according to other people’s happiness and the point is that there are only “limited” people who understand that everyone can have his/her ups and downs in life. The taxi driver stopped and shook hand with me without getting the fare.

10 Comments:

Blogger anahita said...

Hi Frank,again loved this post,thanks.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its good that they got your back. I remember, My friends and I did everything humanly possible to piss our teachers off back in high school.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

Advisura:
You are welcome.Happy to see you enjoyed it.:)

Farbod:
I did the same too to make them angry.Now that I am a teacher I try to be understandable to my students and if they are good enough to listen to their teacher thats super .if not The hell is waiting for them.

Alireza:
I didnt get what you mean"do not trust oxford they are British"?

4:40 AM  
Blogger Alireza said...

hum, my comment is not around!! Yes, that is exactely what I meant!
I do not like the Britsh English!
every kilometer you walk in that Island people have different accent!
and I do not trust British!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

I dont have the slightest idea as why your comment isnt around!
Not my fault.
I do not like Britsh English too and to be frank, I hate them too.If it werent for Americans I wouldnt have learnt English.
Cheers:)

9:53 AM  
Blogger Tarkhoon said...

hi,
it seems that u r one of those lovely teachers:) che khoob.
I enjoyed what you did about the driver

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh come on the British English is fun :D It has character. . .the american english, although more easily udnerstandable, is definitely less charming, won't U say?! ;)

1:19 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

me:
Taste differs dear, right?To be frank,If I liked British people,I could have liked British accent too.:)

Nazzy:
Its very kind of you dear:)

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice post Frank Jaan :)
Let me tell U something though… Teachers are under paid, not enough respect and appreciation, and are some of the most interesting human beings on the face of the planet. My mother used to say; in God’s eyes, there are 3 types of people who God loves and respects more than others… 1] Soldiers 2] Medical Doctors 3] Teachers.

Therefore, I salute your soul buddy :)
Cheers :)

6:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The rewards of teaching special ed students are not financial, it's more of intrinsic rewards. I love my job!

Ok with me to exchange links with you. Let's learn from each other. I hope that won't be the last time for you to visit my blog. Please feel free to exchange thoughts with us regarding the ideas I present in my entries. I hope you won't get intimidated by the commenters speaking in my native language (I am a Filipino by the way). You're always welcome to visit my blog.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home