#navbar-iframe { Show/Hide Navigation height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; } Iranian Teacher XP: Winter { margin-top:0px; position: relative; top: -50px; }

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Winter

Have you ever felt sympathetic with a season?
Winter is my sympathized season and though it might sounds strange to you but, to me there are stories, feelings and a live soul behind it.
Here is one of my childhood memories:
The little white stars are falling and Frank is standing in the middle of the school yard. The students are all in their classes but, I am not. I am standing all alone, by myself, in there, looking at the sky as the snow is falling down. I have always wanted to fly and to see myself flying has always been a permanent part of my dreams.
I remember the time when some school boys were chasing me in order to beat me and boy! They were so close and right there through a magical God given power I started flying like never before. I was in the air flying, like birds. Their wide opened eyes were a message of happiness to me as they didn’t catch me. They were standing there with amazement …Did I feel happy in my dream!
Back to the story:
I was looking at the sky and the more I looked at the little white stars, the closer I got to THAT feeling of flying that has engulfed me in my entire life. WOW! I was happy as hell. I didn’t hear the sound of our principal shouting and cursing and I didn’t hear him approaching me and dragging me to our class.

The school bell rang and we all were shuffling through the doors to leave school. It was such a relief to get away from school. It wasn’t a nice place after all! The worst moment of my life has been wasted in schools and here I am as an Iranian teacher!
The white asphalt was a place of fun. No places like Dizin then so, we all went to the mountains and hills around the house to make snowman and to play snowball. I never forget the time when a group of ten kids sat behind each other holding each other tightly not to turn upside down on a downhill and there you go …………
The first snow_ no matter when_ is always inspiring to me and a playback to revive the memories of my childhood but, we haven’t had any snow yet. So those who are reading this:
Keep your fingers crossed; let’s all pray together:
Oh! Lord! Let the snow flow on this part of Earth, the Middle East,Iran. (I am not sure if God knows where Iran is like some Americans and that’s why I gave you the address)
Be gentler to us! You the Almighty!
Amen!

6 Comments:

Blogger nyx said...

:-) Hi Frank, nice post. In sweden we have soooo much snow right now. If I could, I'd be happy to send you some.
Happy new year.

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flying, the dream of man. I think God knows where Iran. He knows Iran from the beginning till the end, from Cyrus the Great up to know.

As Daruish the Great says in his speech, God save this country from the enemy, draught and lie.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Kimia said...

:) nice post, It helps me to looked at my winter country with better glasses. I like snow but only the first time it comes. The season I love is spring. My best dream is running in a vast grass field with small flowers, with long steps, like flying in every step. My whole childhood is full of the smell of "Gole Bahar Narenj" and lots of good memories. I always think it's my bad luck to live in a winter country :)

3:12 PM  
Blogger Dr O2 said...

Well we did have a minimal snow flake show on thurs, but well i don know shy we have not had the same childhood snowfalls in years :-S or perhaps this growing-age has took the pleasure away???

11:39 PM  
Blogger anahita said...

your post reminds me of my childhood in tehran.Snow in winter, playing in snow with my sister, sometimes skiing....
Later when I started my life in France every winter I used to think of these snowy iranian winters.You don't usually get much snow in paris.
And now here in Mexico I live in a land that has never seen any snow.My winter looks like summer in paris and my summer like life in an oven, summer in a very tropical country is very strange.
But I don't mind living here and I like winter here.
Anyway I wish you snow in tehran if that can make you happy.

12:03 AM  
Blogger jarvenpa said...

Such a moving post, Frank. I hope God blesses Iran and all countries--if not with snow, then with peace gently falling like twirling stars.
Me, I love the springtime, when the flowers come out--and also the autumn, when the leaves are falling and the woods are bright with color.
For me the winters are hard--but now I will think of you, and try to like them better.

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home