#navbar-iframe { Show/Hide Navigation height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; } Iranian Teacher XP: Frank { margin-top:0px; position: relative; top: -50px; }

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Frank

These thirteen year old kids!
To use the class time more suitably, I ask some of the top students to go over the other students’ homework. Except a couple of students, the rest seemed to have done their job well.
As I was going to go through the lesson one student came to me and while his head was down_he wasn’t looking me at the eyes_ he said that “Mr. Frankie I haven’t done my homework!”
I turned to his classmate” monitor” (Sar grooh) and said:” Why didn’t you go over his homework? Did you misuse your power as a monitor?

Monitor: He came to me and asked me if it was possible not to mention his name to you as someone who hasn’t done the homework and NOW he has came to you to let you know about this!! He HIMSELF asked me not to inform you about this time and let the sleeping DOG lie! He said it angrily.

I turned to the student and said:” Why did you ever betray your monitor who is your friend as well? Why did you tell me about that? Why didn’t you keep the secret? Weren’t YOU the one who asked him to keep this as a secret?

I turned to his “monitor” and said:” You betrayed me boy! I trusted you! You misused that trust! But since I value honesty and frankness too much, I let it go this time!

Before you turn into a “devil” grownup, since your soul is without dirt you still have your right angel beside you who monitors everything you do and talks to you!
When you become a grownup little by little the left angel rules over and you aren’t as Frank as before!  
Ah, To be a kid again!

8 Comments:

Blogger Dr O2 said...

strange story Frank. & what was the reason the boy confessed after the agreement!!???

Ah If I was the monitor I would have felt so let down that might have led me to giving the guy a good lesson ;-)

5:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To tel the truth I don't find anythign abd in this case. If the guy wanted to tell U in person that is probably for the best, so the monitor (if he was indeed a frined) didn't have to tell a freind to the teacher. THe first guy, I would have said, took his monitor friend out of trouble instead of in trouble.
But maybe I got it wrong. . . ;)

7:14 AM  
Blogger Kimia said...

I have the same feeling as ME though I think he discloses the fact badly. It would be better if he came to you and said that "I feel ashamed because I forced my friend to lie to you and I see he is sad and uncomfortable".
mm, Maybe that wouldn't change anything, but you know the monitor made mistake so he has to pay as well :)

9:29 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

Dr O2:
The feeling of guilt maybe or because of our "freindly" relationship:)

me:
Have you finally settled down dear?
Actually, first there was anagreement between them not to disclose the secret but later because the first guy felt guilty telling a lie to his teacher so, he decided to tell the truth before it was too late;maybe thats not what he thinks;)

Kimia:
The point is that these kids are stiil kids and honesty is part of their personalities:)

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust!? How can you trust people, especially an evil kid? ;)Just kidding but it's almost true.

4:40 PM  
Blogger jarvenpa said...

Kids seem to be pretty much the same throughout the world. I'm glad you showed some understanding of these two--it did seem to me, as to me and kimia that the kid confessed to let his monitor friend off the hook, so to speak. But I don't know.
Thirteen year olds are hard! At least in the US. When my own children went through that age I kept wondering "what did I do wrong? why have they changed so?". You must be a strong teacher to handle this group.

11:44 PM  
Blogger EdWonk said...

I teach 12 and 13 year olds in California. They don't like to do homework either!

1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Human Life is about survival Frank. And when it comes to survival, age doesn't play any role. We are all human, no matter what age we are.
Cheers ;)

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home