#navbar-iframe { Show/Hide Navigation height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; } Iranian Teacher XP: "Sex" { margin-top:0px; position: relative; top: -50px; }

Thursday, November 03, 2005

"Sex"

The subject of accepting and receiving gifts came up and right there one of my student started by saying” The last time I got a gift from my girlfriend was a titanium ring but, since my fingers get swollen wearing one; I didn’t wear it. Oh, boy! You can’t imagine how the shit hit the fan the next time I saw her. She got mad with me and believed I didn’t wear it because I didn’t t love her.”
The other one started by saying” See this watch on my hand? It’s a gift from my girlfriend [Almost all these grown ups have girlfriends and they were so relaxed to share it with others] but since I liked my previous watch better, I didn’t wear this one and she got mad at me and the quarrel continued to the point where I told her the unsaid secret I had in mind for a long time that I didn’t mean to marry her at all and that I was going to dump her and period! That was the last time I saw her.”
I started by saying” As far as I know some guys here happen to have two, three girlfriends and it is no shame at all and some are proud to have more than one girlfriend but, the funny point is that if you happen to have a relationship with a girl it is considered as “boyfriend_girlfriend”relationship and to be a friend of a girl without thinking to the concept of sex is almost impossible. They are to gather for a while and the relationship is a matter of bang bang thank you ma’m and that’s all. The concept of marriage is almost nonexistent in there but, in the west you can have someone of the opposite sex as your friend without thinking of sex first hand then after a while, if they find each other suitable they could start a boyfriend girlfriend relationship and the concept of marriage is “stronger” in a relationship there.
They were nodding their heads in agreement with their teacher.  

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it so?! Maaan, I have missed the memo then. . .

11:00 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

me:
Taste differs dear, right?To be frank,If I liked British people,I could have liked British accent too.:)

Nazzy:
Its very kind of you dear:)

11:21 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

me:
Sorry, I didnt get you:(what memo?
I mistakenly typed the previous post.
What memo? what do you mean?

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Frank,

I believe that a strong marriage or a relationship is based on Love...
Without Love, nothing's gonna work.
BTW, the divorce rate in North America is around %50 this year. What's the divorce rate in Iran now?
Cheers :)

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah man, its very hard for me to imagine how u could possibly mary someone without having sex with her prior to ur marriage.thats really crazy...what if she/he is not good in bed ..then u have to put up with that for the rest of ur life...this is nuts.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Maryam said...

Well what you said is true, and I believe that it's all due to the lack of values and morals we are having today. It's all begining to disappear.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

Farzad:
Was I right in my "sex"post about the west?correct me if I am wrong.I want to know more...
Iranian Divorce Rate is on the Rise in Iran .
According to a conservative website, marriage and divorce rates have increased 8.4% and 6.58%, respectively during the first nine months of this Iranian year compared to the same period last year.

Farbod:
Is marriage all about sex?!! I wonder.
Was I right in my "sex"post about the west?correct me if I am wrong.What do YOU think?

Maryam:
You are right.Even in an Islamic Republic "the morals"are saying farewell.
I want to know about New Yorkers.
Was I right in my "sex"post about the west?correct me if I am wrong.What do YOU think?

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) that's ok Farzad. I just meant that what I have seen around here 9maybe beaciuse it is a college town) is not so different from what U have described about people there!).
"Missed the memo" as in I didn't know it was supposed to be like this in western countries ;)
Explaining a comment like this makes it sound really stupid. . .just ignore it ;)

8:21 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

me:)
Thanks for the explanation.That what blogging and commenting is for: to learn and to teach.Maybe I have misses something this time!;)

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nasy -

Did you right your last comment for Frank or me? I think there is a name mix-up here...
Cheers :)

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, I meant Frank and not Farzad of course ;)

11:03 AM  
Blogger Tarkhoon said...

jana sokhan az zabaan e ma migooye,
it is excatly what u have described.It seems that morality is not valuable anymore.The problem is that,Iranian people are clever ,they learn any thing so fast BUT the problem is that when they learn sth they don't want to learn its culture.they leanr to have b.g or G.b and have sex but they think its no need to learn the culture of how behaving w/ ur partner and what is the purpose of it.what u say is so common these daus and I can hardly seeany real gentleman unfortunately:(

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO I did NOT say marriage is all about sex, however sex does play a crucial part in marriage. of course marriage is based on love. and u can feel that special bond when u make love to someone that u really love. I just dont see how you could possibly fall in love with someone without having sex with her. there were times that I went out with a girl, we had sex and everything. intially I thought I liked her but after a while we realized it was not gonna work out.we were not just compatible. so basically what Im saying is that I wish Iranian were more open-minded about their sex lives. I wish they had the chance to explore a little before making any commitments to someone. Thats why I think Family bonds are alot stronger in the USA than they are in Iran...this is becoming a long comment....maybe I'll write more later

5:26 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

Nazzy:
I hear you.It seems men are born to be "hunters" according to Darwin when it comes to sex."Immorality" is integrated with the "modern" life unfortunately.

Farbod:
To be open minded needs time and as long as superstitious ideas[read religious] rule over us,Its an impossibility.If the chances of exploring was more, then boys and girls came to realize who their "real" partner is.

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home