#navbar-iframe { Show/Hide Navigation height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; } Iranian Teacher XP: Rostam&My American Pen pal { margin-top:0px; position: relative; top: -50px; }

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Rostam&My American Pen pal

After reading Farzad weblog click here 2 read Ferdosi Shahnaameh I sent the article to one of my dearest American pen pals “John” with whom I have been communicating for about 9 months I asked him to read the article and let me know what he thinks of it and here is his answer:

The article was an interesting read: Ferdosi Shahnaameh and his exploits sound to me (at first hearing) to be a mix of Lord of the Rings and Conan the Barbarian, with perhaps a little King Arthur thrown in as well. If this project is handled with enough balance, it will bring some of your ancient Culture with it, and people will finally realize that there is something rich and valuable and discoverable about Iran. Perhaps that's a little too much hope to place in a comic project, but if it could pave the way for more of Iran's ancient past, it would be worth exploring, I think.

Iran has one of the oldest Cultures on Earth, and every Culture has its own set of Heroes, Mythologies, and ancient tales, and with such an old yet energetic Culture, how could Iran not have such things? It is this intangible yet real set of knowledge that gives us all the feeling of unity and such things must be preserved; they are the property of none, yet the treasure of all. We must hold on to all the intangible stories, the ancient tales, because when they fade, part of us goes along with them. Remember some of the things in my previous letters, about how we are all an "amnesiac" people? This is in no small part because we've let so much of our ancient Culture go, and now we have no way of getting it back.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frank,
What an amazing response you got from your friend. It was very well written. I totally agree with what he said and I'm glad that we have Americans who think this way.
This is going to be the first issue of the magazine and there are more to come. I have a feeling that there will be a movie about it too sooner or later.
Thanx for posting this my man. I enjoyed it very much. God bless...
Cheers :)
(Your blog looooking goooood :)

2:52 PM  
Blogger Tarkhoon said...

frank,
I very much enjoyed what u did:) I have beeter feeling after knowing that an american person knows the value of our culture

7:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WHOA! How was the overnight change possible? I like your header, how'd you do that?

I can emphatize, I am from a different culture.

2:47 PM  
Blogger anahita said...

Hi Frank,
what a big change here, but I confess i love best the previous all white look of your blog...
anyway thanks to you I had a look at teacher sol's blog, sounds very interesting.
take care

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home