#navbar-iframe { Show/Hide Navigation height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; } Iranian Teacher XP: JUSTICE? { margin-top:0px; position: relative; top: -50px; }

Thursday, June 08, 2006

JUSTICE?

JUSTICE?! What a crappy, shitty word when the whole system is based on INJUSTICE! When the society goes rotten, so do the people. Look let me make something clear once and for all; that is I really don’t want to justify my actions and the wrong things I did rather I want to slit my own personality  and my society for you all !

When I first started teaching I didn’t think of being a tutor; I even didn’t imagine it just because I thought of it (going to other peoples houses to teach) as belittling myself. When I saw the other tutors I couldn’t help but criticize them inside myself on what they were doing. But the world taught me a good lesson and I was a good student I learnt it so well. Wasn’t I a stupid, naïve, idealist teacher? Sure I was.
I am not anymore. I don’t let the fucking world (read society) treat me the way it wants. I want my rights, the right of having a decent car and living in a comfy place and I do everything to make that happen. Now I hate every word which has something of the word, be it ideal or IST.

I made all those bla bla  to tell you what happened to me today:

The principal asked me to come over to his office and I knew already that the shit had already hit the fan but tried to stay calm! He showed me two graded final papers of the students.

“As far as you and I both know these two students weren’t hard working students during the term and now I see both of the passed their final exam; how could it be? Were you their tutors? Did you teach them in their homes? Did you know that it is “against” the law?” he said it all with a rebuking intonation!

“Whoa! I said it inside and went on like: where on earth is this law? Can you show the law to me?”

He said yes but refused to do so just because he thought I didn’t know shit about these “laws.” He was trying to break my self confidence but at least not him!

“Look! You have corrected the grade of these students and have added them up too! How about those who didn’t have money to be your students? Don’t they have the right to pass their exams? You guaranteed their final grades by getting money and teaching them for several sessions? Why didn’t you pass the other failed students who didn’t have money to be your private students? Is that justice?”

“Justice? (I laughed) what justice? Weren’t you the one who came to me last year for marking one of the students up just because the dad of the kid was one of you pals?”

“Me? When? Where?”

“Yeah, YOU were the one who asked this and I accepted it! You were my principal any way!”
“Don’t change the subject!”
“You and I both know that I am one of you best teachers here and you can’t deny that, can you? I know teachers here who relax in their classroom and don’t kill themselves and are under average teachers and because they don’t have any private students you don’t try to make problems for them. I have some private students who pay me directly without the involvement of the school and that has made you angry?”

I know a teacher who is a vendor as well as a teacher but when it comes to filling the list he is really “generous” on letting them pass all and that doesn’t make a commotion anywhere. Now tell me is that justice?

The whole education sucks here! You get this inferiority complex when you see that the grocer of your neighborhood comes to pick up his kid from school with a flashy car but you have to walk!

Little by little I start thinking that people owe me things and I want to get my rights by getting more and more private students without taking this into account that they don’t deserve to pass that level. The whole system is moving toward this motto” let every one who studies passes the level.”

I forgot to mention that those two students were disruptive students at school though, I didn’t have any problem with them but through the words of our principal I understood that one of the kid’s parents had been at school and had had a fight with the principal and that was one of the major reasons as why the principal was picky on that student.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dr O2 said...

what was the parent moaning about!? why his son has passed??

Well the system has always been this way. I remember I used to think like ya. I thought so bad abt tutoring n stuff but then I got to the point where I found out, if not you then someone else!!! n it jus went on. Tnx god I am only a tutor these days & don have institute links :-D

7:35 AM  
Blogger Kimia said...

If they paid to pass their kid without learning they didn't get any advantage. Good for people who doesn't have money so if they want to pass they have no way but learning. Even in your thoughts, never think that it is not justice. If you had put less effort in class and then half didn't learn and didn't pass, that could be considered as an injustice. I think being turor beside teaching has nothing to do with belittling yourself; I wonder why you said that!

5:04 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

Dr 02:

The PRINCIPAL was moaning about the kid who was my private student and had passed the test.

Kimia:
THE only thing that our principal thinks about is getting promotion and the rest(students learning) is trivial.Thats the way education is here.The quantity is far more important that quality and I have come to become one of THEM!

You go to other peoples house to teach and if I made enough money I would never ever accept to do that!

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Frank, I really enjoy reading your posts, they sound unbiased and you deal with some aspects of our real society intellectually, any way I don't know after reading this post I spontaneously remember this lyrics of Pink floyd, maybe it's so irrevelant but I like to share it

"We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teacher, leave those kids alone
Hey, Teacher, leave those kids alone!
All in all it's just another brick in the wall
All in all you're just another brick in the wall"

Bita, Sweden

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well maybe it would've been easier if you just stick to the school's policies or the ones you made up that way you wouldn't be be stuck giving some people advantages over others you still gave those kids an advantage over another!

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in America the systems the same money talks here too

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home