#navbar-iframe { Show/Hide Navigation height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; } Iranian Teacher XP: Virtual Reality { margin-top:0px; position: relative; top: -50px; }

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Virtual Reality

Almost every body knows that Internet is a functional device; that's quite axiomatic, isn't it? But, when I look at myself and remember those "good" old days when I didn’t know beans about computer, this sentence comes into my mind that:" Ignorance is a bliss."

My essence was a unified thing then; I felt things in ONE world; I lived in ONE world. Now, I think I have fallen into TWO pieces: one is the reality of my common and routine life and the other one is the virtual one. Let me give you an example:

Before I was introduced to PC and Internet, my world was small and I didn’t know much about how other people in other parts of the world live. A none of my business attitude ruled over me. I was happier and more carefree.

When I felt the need to upgrade myself into the new modern world; when I felt the humiliation of the above mentioned bliss in my class; when I couldn’t comment on anything computer related, that was when I decided to take the plunge and become what this new world asked me for! That wasn’t a win win situation, I dwelled into other worlds, felt the joy and sadness of other people, empathized with people, felt envious to see those who live in "better" worlds. However, I lost the unified part. I lived in different worlds. I had broken into pieces and I had to adapt myself to this new situation and I did but, at a price!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimia said...

Frank, I believe if you look through the other side of the world and see how they live in detail you will eventually come into this conclusion that there is a unity in all over the world. The rough image which we can get from TV or internet just as you said is so much different with our previous small world; however, people from everywhere, talk about the same subjects, fight for the similar problems, love each other the same way, dream, work and live the same way.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Alireza said...

may I ask what was the Price?! interesting to know! hope it was not too expensive even in human range!

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home