#navbar-iframe { Show/Hide Navigation height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; } Iranian Teacher XP: Insanity Club { margin-top:0px; position: relative; top: -50px; }

Friday, July 07, 2006

Insanity Club

Finally,
I overcame all those “fears” to become a driver here in IRAN. Look! Driving in here is a bit different with what it is in the rest of the world and that’s why I accentuated on the word IRAN.I am happy to be a member of the” insanity club!” I think we need more insane people throughout the world .Are there any IM “Insane Movements” anywhere in the world? If not, how about establishing one? Just imagine that I can be its Founder and a “famous” figure. That would be a day!

My “beloved” country is number one in its death toll road accidents in the whole world. Beside nuclear energy, this is another achievement (Dastavard) one can be proud of!

We are a bit blind colored people, (no offense intended) I mean yellow, green and red are all the same both to drivers and pedestrians IF you are in a hurry and IF there is no Police around!

It’s a must to be an adept driver but, NOT enough! There are other things which should looked out once you are in the streets: Other drivers who may not be as “adept” as you are, people who might appear in front of your car out of nowhere, the puddles which are there to examine your car strength above all, You need to have Jacob’ patience to stand THE traffic. (THE has a lot to say)

I have this car crash phobia whenever I am in a taxi in the front seat! Am I going to endanger my family’s lives by becoming one? Is there going to be a dead body in the street while I am standing there shouting for help? There are these and other hairs raising bloody hallucinations give me cold feet.

I know that after a while I’ll get used to it, not yet!

There is also this stubborn feeling in me which has the final word on everything:
“If you want to get a job done, DO it by HOOK or CROOK!”

5 Comments:

Blogger Cyrus said...

There are several countries where you can find driving the same as Iran. Italy is one of them. And of course, Syria and some other Arabic countries...

9:36 AM  
Blogger kupablo said...

Tel-aviv is insane to drive at, Jerusalem is even more. you're more than welcome.

kupablo

5:29 PM  
Blogger nyx said...

I admire your guts. Swedes are careful drivers. Lots of signs and prohibits everywhere, and somehow they seem to love being in a que.

Despite this, I haven't got my license, and I'm totally convinced that if I did, I would kill my self. On the other hand, as a pedestrian, I'm reckless. Even managed quite well in Iran :-D

12:20 AM  
Blogger Kimia said...

Hello Frank,
First I want to tell you that my new boss' name is Frank and I like him :D about driving, don't worry you'll get used to it very quickly and nothing will happen while you keep your speed low. I am telling you driving in other places in the world is so boring :))

11:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You'd better see the traffic here in Egypt. First of all, we don't have that invention known as "lanes" here. Cars move in circular, horizontal, vertical and diagonal directions. It's not only cares here, we have donkeys, bicycles, toktoks. Pedestrians have the right to cross the streen whenever and wherever they want, and they don't even look, and the drivers are the ones who are supposed to take care. We also have beggers, sellers, leaflet distributers all wandering around in the streets all the time, targeting the cars, and getting on the drivers nervs.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home